How to restore the Dump file?
Posted by Olena Kerentseva on 28 November 2014 02:35 PM
There are two ways of Dump Restoring ahead of view:
1. using phpMyAdmin
2. using MySQL commands
phpMyAdmin is a program that allows to manipulate databases remotely through a web interface.
You can find the final version here. If you follow the steps below, you should restore
the database dumpÂ effortlessly:
1. To initiate the dump restoring - login to phpMyAdmin.
2. When clicked DatabasesÂ - select the one you will be importing your data into.
3. When finished, you will see either a list of tables already inside that database
or a screen that says no tables exist. That depends on your setup.
4. Click the ImportÂ tab at the top of your screen. To proceed with the restoring
- press BrowseÂ button next to the text file box.
5. Locate the backup file stored on your computer. Make sure SQL is selected
in the Format drop-down menu.
6. Finish the process by activating "Go" button.
To restore the database dump using MySQL - the following steps will take you
through the process accurately and precisely: