How do I use 301 redirect option?
Posted by Olena Kerentseva on 28 November 2014 02:35 PM
This option allows to redirect the links from your Source website to the Target site in order to keep your SEO, rankings and visitors.
Please, follow these steps to install the redirection bridge on your Target website:
Note: Redirects will work for the following website elements: Â posts, pages, users, categories, tags.
301 redirect option is available for:
WordPress to Drupal
Joomla to Drupal
Drupal to Drupal
Joomla to WordPress
Drupal to WordPress
TYPO3 to WordPress
WordPress to WordPress
- Download 'cms2cms-redirect'.zip and extract the filesÂ to your local computer
- Open 'cms2cms-redirect/redirect-config.php' file via Notepad (or a text editor like it).
- Type the database access details (host, username, password, database name) for your Target website in the corresponding fields in 'cms2cms-redirect/redirect-config.php' file. Save the changes.Â You can find out your database access details from your hosting provider.
- Upload "cms2cms-redirect" folder (the one you extracted from the zip file) to your Target website root directory (highest folder with index.php file).
- Open your configuration file (see hereÂ where it is located). Immediately after "<?php" line, insert the following line:
Â include "cms2cms-redirect/redirect.php";
- Save the changes. Now your URLs from the Source site are redirected to your Target site URLs.